Key dates 2023
Find here the most important dates to keep in mind when planning your application to a Spanish university
When to apply for a UNEDassis accreditation?
The online application for a UNEDassis accreditation can be completed every year from February 6 to December 1. Nevertheless, your application should take into account Specific Competency Test dates (PCE) as well as university enrolment deadlines.
To avoid delays in your application, the latter should be completed early enough, i.e, at least 6 weeks before university application deadlines. Remember that your online application must be supported by academic documents.
Deadlines to register for Specific Competency Tests (PCE)
- May/June session 2023: You can register for the May/June session between February 27 and May 3.
- September session 2023: Registration for the September session begins on July 4 and ends on July 21.
- May/June session 2023: Tests will be held from May 22 to 26, in Spain; and from June 5 to 10 abroad.
- September session 2023: Tests will be held from September 4 to 9.
University Enrolment Deadlines
To be enrolled at a Spanish university, you are required to complete university pre-enrolment within deadlines that vary from one university to another. Pre-enrolment at state universities often ends early July, although it may be different for private universities. Make sure you are aware of pre-enrolment dates at the university you wish to attend..
As concerns 2023, the first university application period ends in July 10, although students can submit supporting documents until July 31 (see related document)
- UNEDasiss can take up to three months to process your application for an accreditation. Nevertheless processing usually takes less time and you are likely to receive the outcome of your application within 3 weeks after sending us supporting documents and completing payment. In case there is an outstanding document or an additional step to take, you will be sent an email with information on what to do.
- When prospective students fail to be in possession of legalised documents or official certificates by the university application deadline because they haven’t yet completed their studies or the documents are being processed, they must submit their application along with a legalised copy of their latest academic transcript. Any outstanding document should be legalised and sent as soon as possible.
- Students who submit any outstanding document or recognised certificate by 31 October can obtain, if need be, a new accreditation with an amended admission score for the Spanish University. Any document received after the aforementioned date shall not affect the initial admission score for the Spanish University.
Document delivery times
- Documents sent through electronic registry will be received by UNEDassis within 3 business days.
- Documents sent by regular mail from abroad may usually take more than 15 business days to be delivered.
- You may reach out to the Spanish diplomatic mission in your country to find out how long it might take for your documents to be delivered.
Find out more information on how to submit supporting documents , click here.
Closed for holidays
The UNED will be closed for holidays on the following dates:
- From December 24 to January 7, 2022
- From April 3 to 10, 2023
- From August 1 to 15, 2023
- Public holidays