Mapa web
Campus UNED

Homologation of academic certificates

For your certificates to be recognised, you must address a letter of request to Spain’s Minister of Education, Culture and Sports:

Recipient: Sr. Ministro de Educación, Cultura y Deporte. Secretaría General Técnica. Sección de Convalidaciones de Estudios Extranjeros no Universitarios.


C/ Los Madrazo, 15



You may also submit this request at the Regional Delegations of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports (MECD), at Spanish diplomatic offices abroad, and through means provided in Article 16.4 of Law 39/2015, of  October 1, on Public Administration and General Administrative Procedures. More specifically, the aforementioned law indicates that you can submit your request:

  • By regular mail
  • In Spanish consular offices abroad
  • In Spanish Register Offices which can be found here. To find the nearest Register Office, you must insert your home address under “oficina más cercana” and click on “información y registro general” 

Homologation and recognition of foreign non-university diplomas/certificates

If you reside in Catalonia, Galicia or the Basque Country you should reach out to competent local institutions to seek the homologation of any foreign school leaving qualifications you hold.



Basque Country